|Excitedly awaiting the guests arrival...|
So here it is..... Matilda's Beautiful Butterfly Party....
- White paper lanterns with tissue paper butterflies glued to the outside (very pretty in the breeze)
- Strings of butterflies made out of scrap booking card, hot glued along kitchen twine
- Card butterflies on twisty straws
I had my first go at doing a 2 tiered cake, and once again really enjoyed the creativity that White Icing allows!
The Party Bags
I always have fun creating the party bags and so do the kids. We have a chat about what their friends might like as a thank you for coming to celebrate their birthday. There is always much excitement creating them. With this amount of thought and ownership, the kids then have a sense of pride as they excitedly present their friends with the gift.
This year inside the party bags was: butterfly stickers, bubbles, balloons, glittery pencil, sparkly pen, a little chocolate, a lolly pop, a tiny glass jar with fairy glitter in it, and a few butterflies.
Each of the guests also got to take home a set of butterfly wings, wands and headband. I got these from a bulk supplier and it was just lovely everyone being able to don a pair of wings and get in the mood :)
Well having butterflies as the umbrella theme made this section of the planning rather easy! We don't do party games, particularly at this age. I want to enjoy the party to, not just be there as an 'entertainer'. So while at the party we:
- Had pink sparkle play-dough with pipe cleaners and googly eyes
- Collaged big butterflies
- Made button and crepe paper flowers
- Made 'drifty' tissue paper butterflies
- Had water play, with plastic butterflies and real gerbras
- Had a wealth of dress ups, and,
- our usual cubby and sandpit, which is always a hit.
As requested we had the watermelon and chocolate strawberries that Matilda wanted, but we also put a butterfly spin on a few other choices. butterfly gingerbread, flower quiches etc... all a bit of fun :)
The Wind Down
The party went really well. The kids had a nice time and I think the adults did also. It was a VERY hot day but we survived and the party was lucky enough to be blessed by a few real butterflies who came to visit our garden during the party.
I always like that time in a party when the hype dies down and everyone relaxes into a spot or a game and really gets to spend some time with each other.
So much fun! I love organising kids parties, the possibilities are endless!