We struggled to think of what to buy her for her birthday. We already have a wealth of toys and have many '3 year old' toys from when Orlando was 3. We have also just spent 8 weeks on the road with very few toys and have been more than happy. So I was stuck with the consumerism dilemma. Do we buy things for the sake of it?
We decided to invest in just a few really nice things that were open ended enough to satisfy her for a number of years. She adores Fairies, so we went with a beautiful felt playscape and some needle-felted fairies. Orlando choose a felted mermaid and an apple 'house' with hedgehogs inside. So among a few other books, shoes, puzzle etc it was a very 'felty' birthday!
She adored it, so we were rather happy about that :)
Now that Matilda is 3 we have noticed she:
- Is toilet trained - day and night
- Is rather chatty and enjoys re-telling events and stories
- Is practicing 'reading' her favourite books to anyone who will listen and then demanding them read to her in return
- Is demonstrating her ever growing Independence - I want to brush my own hair, teeth, etc
- Gets herself dressed most of the time
- Is VERY social and really focuses on her 'friends'
- Is very eager to label people that are and are not her friends
- Enjoys a feeling of power and will seek it where possible
- Can easily establish who is going to be more lenient toward her every whim
- Knows how to push her brothers buttons perfectly
- Is kind and developing a deep sense of empathy
- Asks questions about the world and is keen to understand how it works
- Loves drawing and painting and talking about what she is creating
- Is patient and will wait when needed
- Adores a cuddle
|Tillies Birthday Activity of choice was Swimming with Friends :)|
- Loves swimming and looking under the water
- Has a great sense of humour
- Has a calm a peace that is very settling
- is very excited about starting Preschool in January!
What will our year ahead hold! I adore watching you grow and develop little lady xoxoxoxox